The movie starts off with text explaining that the film is a collection of rehearsal recordings that were being shot for Michael's personal collection, but after his death in June it was turned into a concert film... "for the fans."
Besides Michael, the stars of the film are Kenny Ortega, the dancers, Orianthi (guitar) the keyboard player and the drummer.
It opens with a montage of some of the dancers telling how excited they are to be working with Michael.
It then cuts to the behind the scene footage of the rehearsals and we are shown through some amazing editing, the complete performances of the following songs:
- WANNA BE STARTIN' SOMETHIN
- THEY DON'T REALLY CARE ABOUT US
- HUMAN NATURE
- SMOOTH CRIMINAL (Many shots of the corresponding video segment shown)
- THE WAY YOU MAKE ME FEEL
- I WANT YOU BACK (Begins the Jackson 5 segment)
- THE LOVE YOU SAVE
- I'LL BE THERE
- SHAKE YOUR BODY
- I JUST CAN'T STOP LOVING YOU
- THRILLER (Lots of scenes of them filming the 3D sequence. This and SMOOTH CRIMINAL may be the longest segments.)
- BEAT IT
- WHO IS IT
- BLACK OR WHITE (Guitarist, Orianthi stars in this segment)
- EARTH SONG (Video segment showing a young girl, a bulldozer and the destruction of the rain forest)
- BILLIE JEAN (Michael wows 'em all with this as if to say... "I still got it" The crew and dancers watching from the floor are shown going nuts as they can't believe what they are witnessing)
- MAN IN THE MIRROR
There are a few problems and Michael, never angry just says a few times, "That's why we have rehearsals." We see Michael joking around with everyone, offering many suggestions and although VERY skinny, looks to be in good health and spirits.
The film ends with Michaels arms extended and the text: "Michael Jackson, King of Pop - Love Lives Forever"
No mention or reactions of his death are shown.
The song THIS IS IT plays over the final credits.